Sunday, March 29, 2009

Start-Up Financing Options

I started my search start-up finances by looking into my local bank. I know that getting a bank loan to finance a start-up business is a long shot because I haven’t been in business for at least two years, but It’s worth a try anyway. I’m withholding the name of the bank I researched for personal privacy, but I did find out who to contact with a loan application:
Loan applications:

Valarie Samuels
Head of loan department
(*Bank name Withheld*)
P.O. Box 123
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-0123
301-497-7062 or
800-787-8328, ext. 7062

Secondly, I figured that since my Daycare Center centered on healthy activities for children, that Howard County Recs. and parks would be a strong Angle investor/sponsor for my locations in Howard County. After some research I found that Raymond Wacks is who I should contact in the Budget Office for HCRP. All the budget plans get reviewed by the County Executive who submits the proposals to the County Council each period.

Raymond S. Wacks,
Administrator
rwacks@howardcountymd.gov
Howard County Budget Office
3430 Court House Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043
(410) 313-2077 (voice)
(410) 313-3390 (fax)

1 comment:

  1. "(*Bank name Withheld*)"?

    Also, has the Howard County Budget Office ever funded a private company before?

    I'm not sure these are reliable sources. The bank is possibly, especially if you apply for an SBA loan, but there's typically an office in a bank that specializes in SBA loans. It's impossible to tell if your contact is that office since the bank name is not in your assignment.

    I'm not going to grade this one.

    ReplyDelete